Yes, I know, I’m in a blogging mood today! I’m waiting on parts and there’s nothing to do, so why not blog!;)
You know, I would have never thought I’d pay 100 bucks for a thermostat housing! But when I had my 289 overhauled, a cheapo was installed and the chrome has been peeling off for the past few years! Time to move on to better things!;)
I have a nice looking engine in my little 67 Mustang, sigh! But I’ve been a little worried about the upper radiator hose getting awfully close to the AC belt or visa versa! You can’t see it, but the T-stat housing looks like crap with the chrome flaking off!:(
Any hoot, while I was talking to tech (Jeff) at Summit Racing (great guy btw), I asked him about their CVR Aluminum Swivel T-stat housing. It has an o-ring seal and one can place the neck at any position available. That does not mean you can rotate the neck at any given time after it’s installed! You play with the position that you want, then cinch the Allen screws tightly at the desired spot. If you do try to turn it while slightly loose, it may dislodge the O-ring seal and it WILL leak!
Gee, that’s a nice looking T-stat housing!! Sometimes we humans can be so darned cheap!
Sorry for the horrible picture! I promise to take another one soon! However, see how much more room there is now? Really opens up that area!
Obviously the intake manifold t-stats little home;)
However, notice there is no ridge for the thermostat to rest?
So, I found a rubber band and looped it around the top of the T-stat, then stretched the rubber band, then secured it with a handy scribe which kept the T-stat in place. However, a little yellow glue would work too! But I was just being creative until I wrote this! lol Gee, I can’t get over how nice that looks! I’m happy!;)
When I first installed my engine, I had read about the Tefba coolant filter and installed one. They’re kind of pricey, but darn, isn’t everything!! However, it wound up being beneficial as I now can turn the hoses to fit up to the new CVR T-stat housing! Awesome!;) Happy!~
I set the Intake on the block to make darned sure it would all capeesh! it did of course. I was just worried I’d have been stuck with a 100 dollar T-stat housing!
I was going to remove the Tefba filter, but it’s very useful and does catch “stuff” as I had to clean it out before reinstallation! It’s good to have on an old engine.
I promise to take a better picture as soon as I’m finished installing the new lifters, etc.
So my fine fellow Classic Cars and tools followers and visitors~ that’s another wrap on another few bucks put into a cool old car! I hope you’ve enjoyed this little blog;)
Please don’t forget to subscribe, if you haven’t already, to Classic Cars and tools!
Car enthusiast forever, Dne’ 😉
PS; next coming up~ Edelbrock head installation, Scorpion roller rockers, and other fun stuff! 😉